Biome Founder Tracey Bailey Shares Her Tips For Taking on Plastic Free July
Plastic Free July has arrived for another year and throughout the month we’re sharing practical tips to help you take on the challenge no matter what stage of the plastic free journey you’re at.
The founder of Biome Eco Stores Tracey Bailey, encourages people to make a lifelong commitment to reducing plastic waste by eliminating single use plastic and disposable products and replacing them with eco-friendly alternatives this Plastic Free July.
Biome is a great place to start because they have a HUGE range of plastic free and zero waste products.
If you’re a beginner, start with Plastic Free July’s Top 4 challenge to stop using single use plastic water bottles, shopping bags, straws and takeaway coffee cups.
“Plastic Free July’s Top 4 challenge encouraging people to stop using single use plastic water bottles, bags, straws and coffee cups is a great place to start, but there are many other areas in our lives where we can reduce the use of disposable plastic including in our kitchens and bathrooms.” – Tracey Bailey
If you’re at the next stage, follow Tracey’s tips.
Tracey’s five tips to boost your Plastic Free July efforts
1. Swap a plastic toothbrush for a biodegradable bamboo toothbrush
2. Swap plastic cling wrap for reusable beeswax wraps or vegan wax wraps
3. Buy package free food from bulk wholefood suppliers and shop at farmers markets
4. Switch to a reusable stainless-steel safety razor
5. Make your own body care and cleaning products from natural ingredients