A Sweet Approach to The plastic problem
Right now, climate change and plastic pollution are two of the biggest challenges we all face. Plastic pollution in our oceans is currently at a crisis point, with an average of eight million tonnes entering the ocean each year.
Most plastic is made from non-renewable petrochemicals – releasing carbon into the atmosphere as it’s made, which in turn adds to climate change.
To address this, ecostore made the switch to plastic made from sugarcane to produce packaging made from a renewable source that actually removes carbon from our atmosphere.
Since 2014, ecostore has saved 4,485 tonnes of carbon from being released into the air.
Ecostore estimates that if all plastics in Australia were changed to sugar cane plastic it would be the equivalent of removing around half a million cars from Australian roads.
So why choose ecostore?
- Their sugarcane product packaging is made from a renewable source and is recyclable
- ecostore products are made from plant and mineral based ingredients
- ecostore use the Precautionary Principle, meaning if there’s ever any doubt about the safety of an ingredient, they’ll find a safer one.
- All ecostore products are made in a CarboNZero, ISO 14001 and Enviromark Diamond certified factory in Auckland
- They practice transparency regarding ingredients, manufacturing, environmental and ethical practices. Available on the ecostore website
Shop the ecostore and Skin By ecostore ranges here.