Easy & Delicious Almond Butter Vegan Protein Bars
These five-ingredient almond butter protein bars are so easy to make and so delicious.
They’re naturally sweet, a little salty, and full of protein goodness, and you can make them using your favourite vegan protein powder.
For this recipe, I’ve used Alter Eco’s Brown Butter Dark Chocolate to coat the protein bars because it’s my favourite flavour and I love the extra sweetness. (Note this flavour is not vegan so substitute with a dairy-free version if needed.)
Alter Eco are Australian Certified Organic, Fairtrade, gluten-free and most of the range is vegan. Plus their packaging is recyclable or composable. Winning!
Makes 9 bars – time 20 minutes
You’ll need a food processor, baking pan, and a cooling rack.
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegan Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Butter plus a little extra to drizzle on top
- 8 Medjool Dates pitted
- 4-6 Tablespoons of Almond Milk
- 2 Blocks of Alter Eco Chocolate
- Place the protein powder, almond butter, and dates in a food processor and blend until it starts to firm. The mixture should resemble cookie dough, if it’s too firm, add in the almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture looks like the picture above right
- Press the mixture into a baking pan – the size is u to you based on the size and shape you would like your bars to be. I’ve gone with a square brownie pan.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm
- Melt the chocolate in stainless steel bowl over hot water on the stove
- Take the protein mixture out of the freezer and cut into bars or squares
- Using a fork, or your fingers, dip the bars into the melted chocolate making sure they’re evenly coated then set on a cooling rack to set
- Drizzle almond butter over the top and store the bars in the fridge