Spiced Cauliflower Salad With a Creamy Tahini Dressing
This spiced cauliflower salad will be your go-to summer salad!
This combination of the lightly spiced cauliflower, crispy chickpeas, and sweet, creamy tahini dressing comes together in a seriously good salad. Perfect as a side dish, to keep in the fridge to make veggie bowls, or as a complete meal.
Best of all, this use-it-all-up recipe uses the whole cauliflower, leaves and stems included – so there’s no food wasted.
And you can watch the video here.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1 bag mixed lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Half fresh lemon juiced
- 5-6 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the cauliflower leaves – keep these we’re going to use them!
- Cut the cauliflower into medium florets keeping the stem.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coriander, cumin, garlic powder, chilli flakes, and olive oil until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, and paste to a large bowl and mix well until all the cauliflower pieces are coated.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower and chickpeas are lightly crispy and golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the tahini dressing.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini, maple syrup and lemon juice – the mixture will become firm and hard to stir, this is when you add the water a spoon at a time until the dressing is creamy and slightly runny.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add to a large bowl with the mixed lettuce and flaked almonds and toss until all the ingredients are combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a plate and drizzle over the tahini dressing and enjoy!