The Witchery White Shirt Campaign For Ovarian Cancer
Today is White Shirt Day, a campaign started by Witchery in 2000 in partnership with the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.
In Australia alone, one woman dies from ovarian cancer every 10 hours. Ovarian cancer has a lower survival rate than both breast cancer and cervical cancer.
There is no early detection test.
Every year Witchery release a new collection of white shirts for men and women as part of the Witchery White Shirt Campaign to help raise awareness, support and funds.
When you buy a white shirt from Witchery, everything except GST will be donated to ovarian cancer research.
How to get involved
- BUY your Witchery white shirt during the White Shirt Campaign www.witchery.com.au/
- DONATE to OCRF directly or host your own white shirt fundraising event. Get your friends together for a fashion inspired dinner party or movie night, or run a casual Friday morning tea at your workplace. Visit www.whiteshirtcampaign.com.au
- WEAR your white shirt between 6 April to 8 May 2017 (OCRF White Shirt Day) to show your support
- SHARE a photo of yourself in a white shirt and finish the sentence “I wear a white shirt because” with a message that encourages support
- TAG a friend and nominate them to join the fight #whiteshirtcampaign, @ocrf and @witcheryfashion
Image source: Witchery Fashion
When detected and treated early, 80 - 100% of women will survive beyond five years compared with only 20 - 30% when diagnosed at a late stage.