We Tried: Soulara Vegetarian & Vegan Meal Delivery
Healthy vegan and vegetarian meals you don't have to make yourself!
I don’t love cooking but I do enjoy eating healthy food (most of the time).
My culinary repertoire is limited so meals often consist of some kind of protein with veges or salad. Great for keeping healthy, not so much for someone who is trying to reduce the amount of meat they eat.
I find when I remove the animal protein from my diet, I rely heavily on carbs such bread, rice and potatoes to keep me full and give me energy throughout the day. There’s nothing wrong with carbs (I love them!), but I don’t want to eat a big bowl of pasta or toast for every meal and I’m not creative enough (and too lazy) to make anything else.
So, when I came across Soulara, I was keen to give them a try. Healthy vegan and vegetarian meals I didn’t have to make myself. Winning!
Meals were gifted.
What is it?
Soulara is a vegan and vegetarian ready made, meal delivery service. They offer four different meal plan sizes and you can choose what meals you would like each week. The meals come in a container, ready to eat, some require heating up for a few minutes.
- I don’t have to cook!!
- I tried some foods I would not have thought to eat had I shopped myself.
- The meals are designed by a dietitian and nutritionally balanced.
- Lot’s of different meal options to choose from and you can double up on your favourites.
- They deliver to most places near capital cities around Australia.
- The plastic wrapping on every meal. If you’re trying to go plastic free, this wont work for you.
- Some of the meals were a little bland with no spices or sauces to improve the flavour.
- Some of the meals such as the salad bowls, left me starving an hour later because they contained no carbs or protein.
Amazing for the time poor especially if you’re transitioning to a vegan or vegetarian diet. Most of the meals are delicious and it was fun trying new foods. I absolutely loved the Sunkissed Pesto (pictured below) and the Healing Turmeric & Farro Soup, which I’m going to have a crack at making myself! The vege bowls are also very instagramable! I would effeminately order from them again for some of my favourites and to try a few new ones.
You can order Soulara meals here.